Happy Fall everyone! Today I’ll be sharing how I created my Simple Fall Tablescape and when I say simple I mean SIMPLE! I’m also joining together with some fellow bloggers who’ll be sharing their Fall Tablescapes, so be sure to click on the links at the bottom of the post for more fall Inspiration!
This was a simple tablescape to do and I used for the most part, items that I already had on hand. I’m using a bit of mustard yellow in my fall decorating this year so I carried that into the napkins. I left out the pumpkins to show you that you can use simple ingredients to create your tablescape no matter the season. You can see how I decorated a previous fall tablescape using the same elements here.
How I set my Table
- Rattan chargers I used rattan chargers to set and highlight my plates but you can use other chargers, placemats, or even table runners. Whatever you have on hand!
- Blue Plates I love using white dinnerware because it’s simple and goes with everything (if you can only afford one set of dishes make sure they’re white!). Every now and then I like to throw a punch of colour in the mix and these plates go with the blue that I use in most of my home.
- Cloth Napkins Cloth napkins are like the throw pillow of the living room and can add colour and pattern to your table. Even if all your dinnerware is white and you use simple greenery, napkins can add personality. They can be found at every home wear store as well as thrift stores. Instead of using napkin rings, I simply tied a knot and laid them over the plates.
- Faux Eucalyptus I bought this faux eucalyptus a couple of years ago from Ikea and I use it all the time. I even used it as part of the floral arrangements for my daughter’s wedding last May! Any kind of greenery along the centre of the table, whether real or faux, adds a focal point and gives your table a festive look. You can use pumpkins or fruit as a focal point and/or adding some fresh greenery/fall leaves from your garden works well too!
- Tapered Candles, Votives and Fairy Lights Any kind of lighting elevates your table from the everyday to an event! They’re also budget friendly and easy to find. Even fairy lights can be found at the dollar store. I used these brass candle holders I found from the thrift store. They add height without blocking the view from across the table. The votives were budget friendly and I buy them in cases so that I’m ready for every occasion! I also have multiple fairy lights both plug in and battery operated..they add such sparkle to everything.
- Bubble Glasses I call these everyday water glasses my “bubble” glasses! You can use any glasses you have on hand. Wine glasses look pretty and can be used for water too.
Adding all these elements to your table in any form can elevate an ordinary table setting to something special. Even if you only have a few candles and some branches from your garden, you can make it look special! Use your imagination and what you have on hand. It doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive to make a lovely tablescape no matter the season.
I made this faux flower arrangement using some faux fall coloured flowers and leaves from Michael’s, along with my faux eucalyptus. It’s a big arrangement, so I placed it on the sideboard instead of the centre of the table. Nothing is worse than trying to see above or around an arrangement to have a conversation across the table!
Along with the faux fall flowers, I added some tall dried pampas grass. It reminds me of all the fall grasses you see growing by the side of the road this time of year. The fall colours, flowers and grasses combined together, add an elegant fall feel to our home. Now all I need is my favourite fall candle lit up and I’m ready to enjoy the season!
Thanks for popping by. I hope you were able to find some useful information and inspiration today. I’ll be sharing my fall home tour next Wednesday so stay tuned for that.
Don’t forget to check out the links below, there’s so many talented ladies sharing!
Nick + Alicia | Sincerely, Marie Designs | Craftberry Bush | Clean and Scentsible
Home Made Lovely | The DIY Mommy | The Wood Grain Cottage | The Turquoise Home
Rooms FOR Rent Blog | Kim Power Style | The Wicker House | Caitlin Marie Design
Lolly Jane | The Learner Observer | Satori Design For Living | Summer Adams
Taryn Whiteaker Designs | This Is Simplicite
I LOVE the simplicity of your table and the muted colours you used. Perfectly fall 🙂
Thanks so much Shauna!
Summer Adams says
Kim, I love the way you tied the napkins and WOW that pampas grass is stunning! Happy Fall! xoxo